Sunday, March 11, 2012

You Are Appreciated

The following poem was written by Mike to me, his mother on Aug. 5th, 1995

You Are Appreciated
How can someone have so much love in their heart,
I realize how much you do love me-now that we're apart
No matter what I've done-you've always been there for me,
But please forgive me because I was too blind to see.

Too blind to see the amount of love a mother has for her son,
You've always been there since Jan. 20-day one.
We've been through some rough times together, well actually quite a few
And you've always tried to point me in the right direction when I didn't know what to do.

You've practically sacrificed your life to raise me right,
You never gave up on me and always put up a fight.
I don't know how to thank you for showing me love,
but most important you taught me about the Lord God above.

You've done things for me no one else would do,
Thanks for loving me...and I love you.
I've turned my life to Jesus, I've turned my life around
And without your love, Jesus I would not of found.

As someone once said "There's no way I could pay you back,
but my plan is to show you I understand,
YOU ARE APPRECIATED!

August 5, 1995
Written and Copyrighted by Mike DeLoe

No comments:

Post a Comment